Having once been an Evangelical, I was heavily exposed to the “Christmas is Pagan” or “Christmas has Pagan origins” movement in the Western world. The movement is heavily concentrated in the United States, with large pockets in Canada, Australia, and other parts of the Anglosphere. It’s primarily a Protestant problem, which was popularised during the Protestant religious movements of the 17th through 19th centuries. Today it is most aggressively pushed by Jehovah’s Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventists, Church of God and other Fundamentalist sects. Sadly, attacks against this holiday are used to introduce suspicion of mainstream Christian denominations, and the Catholic Church in particular.
God Takes Care of Hi… on Prayer God Takes Care of Hi… on In What or Whom Are You T… Blog Networking: 6/1… on Paul’s Prayer For The… Paul’s Prayer… on Paul’s Prayer For The… Searching For Living… on Does Eternal Life Depend on Co…
- Haman – A Picture of Pride and the Destruction that Follows
- The Life of Daniel – Inspiration and Encouragement for Today’s Christian
- The Fruit of the Spirit – Love
- Walking In the Light
- Ten Lessons the Spirit is teaching the Churches
- What is the Gospel?
- Searching For Living Water?
- Paul’s Prayer For The Philippians
- Hannah: A Woman Whose Life can Inspire Us In Rough Times